Your probably asking what is Michigan History Magazine doing on the HOME Page of this music website.
Well, actually their is a very well written article about West Michigan Music Hysterical Society website in it. Author unknown. Click Here to Read…..
After all, our website is about History, even though the title suggests other, so to connect all the dots in this story, read “The Origins of Hysteria”
Now that you hopefully understand the true historical mission of the website, we have “Our Mission Statement” for that to.
All in all, the growth of this website since we launched it in August 2011, has been very rewarding with hits on the site exceeding 3.4 million, with a current average of 3500 hits per day. The website has over 2100 pages and we feel that will grow to about 5000-6000 pages before it is complete enough to turn over to the Grand Rapids Public Library. This has all been done with just 2 people at the helm. This is taking a toll on us, as we never thought this project would get so large and demanding.
So, the solution comes in several forms:1) Money 2) Labor 3) Reader Interaction
1) Money. These websites have hosting costs, some plug-ins have fees, also not to forget computer maintenance costs have tripled with this website. We except donations of any size, our main purpose is to defer the website costs, so if you care to donate money to the website, please contact us at WMMusicHystericalSociety@yahoo.com. For those who would like to advertise on the website, please contact us at above e-mail address for details and pricing.
2) Labor. We need people to help us in research, writing stories, gathering information on bands and musicians. If your a student at Grand Valley, you may qualify for an Intern Program, where you can get credit for doing this work. One area we need expertise in is the Radio/DJ section, that we took out, just for the simple fact we are not experts in that area and didn’t want to act like we were. Anybody interested? You can have your own section!!!
3) Reader Interaction. One of the biggest ways that anybody can help the website grow is to be interactive with it. If you don’t see a musicians name or a bands name that is not in the appropriate list, supply that information to us. Information may be just one musicians name and the band he/she was in, or possibly his whole BIO.
Basic info we are looking for:
- Musicians name
- Band, or bands he/she was in
- What the musician played and if they did vocals
- Photos of bands, musicians, memorabilia, concert posters, Top 40 Lists, stories you may have (big or small), audio recordings of bands, YouTube of bands.
If you can think of ways to help this website grow, please contact me at: WMMusicHystericalSociety@yahoo.com
Regards, Doug Taylor, Webmaster, Co-editor, WMMHS
FS ~ 10/23/2013 – 10/28/2013 ~ 4/12/2015 – 4/18/2015