Nor-East’R Music and Arts Festival is located at 1889 Caldwell Road, Mio, MI (approximately 6 mi NE of downtown Mio)
A weekend ticket to the Noreast’r Music & Arts Festival includes free rustic camping, access to music, workshops & art, free parking at the Oscoda County Fairgrounds from 10 am Friday until Sunday evening close.
A limited number of electric camping permits are available for purchase. Ask at the Gate, and they will radio the campground manager to issue your permit and plug in your extension cord.
Prices – 2013
- Purchased before April 15: $37.00
- Purchased between April 16 and June 1: $42.00
- At the Gate: $60.00
- Purchased before April 15: $10.00
- April 15 to June 1: $14.00
- At the Gate: Fri & Sun: $20.00, Saturday: $35.00 ($20.00 after 7 p.m.)
Note: Because we cannot guarantee arrival on time, on-line and postal sales ticket purchases will not be accepted after May 20th; gate purchases only.
Children 13 to 17 years old should purchase their $5 ticket at the gate; get the same admission (Weekend or Day Only) as the adult they are entering with.
Children under 13 are FREE with an adult.
Chartered First Year NorEast’rs: Must be on our list to qualify.
- Weekend: $35.00
- Day: $15.00
- (Must pay by money order to AVNAF & mail w/ SASE to PO BOX 516, Mio, MI before May 31.)
Volunteers must donate a minimum of two shifts of 3 hours each to be admitted by donation.
Discounts available for group purchases of 50 or more tickets of either type and for any Northeastern Michigan High School reunion group. Reunion organizer must write or e-mail to make arrangements first or preferably buy tickets in bulk of >50. Money order only, via AVNAF, PO Box 516, Mio MI 48647.
- >50: Weekend March 1 to 1st Friday in June: $35 each
- >50: Day passes: 1/2 standard graduated price each
- GATE prices for any group is the regular gate price.
By Phone:(989) 826-3331
The Chamber of Commerce accepts credit card orders by phone as a favor to us, because we are also a member of their organization. Telephone sales end on their last business day closest to May 20!
To order your tickets by mail, please send check or money order payable to
AVNAF along with a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
P O Box 516
MIO, MI 48647
The rules for Nor-East’r Festival are simple: Be Responsible & Respectful To Others.
To help people with this rule we have a few guidelines that we ask people to follow:
- Children must be supervised at all times by a parent of guardian (safety 1st
- If emergency services are needed; contact Security or the First Aid booth in the private cubicle within the Children’s area/Merchant’s Building, which is serving as a liaison to Oscoda County EMS. For immediate help contact the nearest AVNAF volunteer & they will get security for you!
- Individuals under the age of 17 must be in the company of an adult chaperone
- NO Pets (let’s avoid stepping in it & the risk of bites)
- NO open fires (it’s forest fire season in Northern Michigan)
- NO amplified music (we would love you to bring your own acoustic instruments)
- NO generators (let’s not interfere with sound quality & resting neighbors)
- NO cruising around with vehicles on the grounds (it’s just not safe for all our pedestrians, especially the kids)
- Vehicles must be removed from Day-Parking by 12:30 a.m. (don’t make the tow-truck drivers happy) See an AVNAF volunteer if you need to up-grade your ticket
- Wristbands must be worn on wrists at all times
- At the Saturday evening bonfire only AVNAF official Keepers of the Flame shall tend the fire! (Again, safety first)
- All festival attendees, vehicles, camping gear & litter must be removed from the grounds by 5:30 pm on Sunday! (Our clean-up crew wants to go home sometime Sunday too)
- Campers/trailers must be parked with tongues or front ends facing the road. There must be 4 feet between campers & tents & vehicles.
- Roadways must remain open.
- In the field camp, read the marking posts to determine where road is and only park on appropriate side of posted road.
- Entry or re-entry to the grounds is only Fri from 3pm-10pm, Sat 9am – 10pm, Sun 9am – 4pm. Full admission will be charged for the day regardless of time of entry.
- Volunteer shirts from this or previous years should only be worn when you are working. (You don’t want to play tour guide on your down time anyway.)
- UNDERAGE ALCOHOL VIOLATORS Violators of this rule will be turned over to local law enforcement (If you drink underage, you are not only violating the law, you risk our ability to provide further festivals. So, don’t do it!)
- The role of AVNAF & security is to deter rambunctious behavior violating our 1 rule.
Electric camping permits are available at the Retail/Info booth.
- One must be displayed adjacent to the outlet with your license plate # written on it.
- One must be in the window of your camper nearest your license plate.
- Violators will be unplugged (sorry, but just we can’t afford to finance your power)
From light in Mio (there is only one) 6 miles north on M33(also known at Mt. Tom) to Caldwell Rd, turn left (or north) for less than 1 mi & Festival is on the left.
MAPQUEST WILL GIVE DIRECTIONS FOR 1650-1659 CALDWELL & THIS IS THE FAIRGROUNDS!