Dale Thomas “Dusty Chaps” – (Guitar, bass, dobro, pedal steel, mandolin, and drums)
Dusty Chaps is a Showman…especially in the field of Country, Swing, & Comedy’. His talents were developed doing Radio and stage shows early in life in Buffalo, New York. Dusty is very entertaining on stage with his ability to front a band…communicate with his audience..and keep listeners eyes & ears focused on his excellent guitar playing.
Dale has toured nationally with such musical luminaries as..5-time ‘Entertainer of the Year’ & Grammy Award winner Roy Clark, Blues Great Clarence ‘Gatemouth’ Brown, RCA’s Gary Stewart (session & live performance), Johnny Rodriguez, Eddie Rabbit, Gene Watson, Capitol Record’s Artist Larry Ballard and Hee Haw’s ‘The Round Mound of Sound’ Kenny Price. Dale has apeared On P.B.S.’s “Austin City Limits” Backing Roy Clark and Gatemouth Brown. He has performed all areas of the United States, Canada, Greenland, and the far east.
I’m a self taught Musican.
I prefer to play: Classic Country but a play all style of music.
I Have written A few songs
I’ve recorded with Ronnie Fray “Put This In your ear” Gary Stewart Demos for “ A Cactus and a Rose” And a bunch of other folks.
firstname.lastname@example.org (616) 361-9749
– The Horse Balls 1960 “Comedy and Music” Dale Thomas Vocals (Lead guitar, vocals) Kenny Davis (Rhythm guitar, vocals)
– The Shadows 1962 “Instrumental Group” Dale Thomas (Lead guitar) Joe Papa (Bass) Dino Simmons (Drums) Chuck Legatuta (Sax) Jim Greger (Rhythm guitar)
– The Pioneers 1967 “Varity Band” Dale Thomas (Lead guitar, vocals) Mickey Becktel (Drums) Wally Webber (Bass)
– R’ale 1972 “Varity Band” Ron Fray (Guitar, vocals) Dale Thomas (Bass, vocals) Randy Panda (Drums)
– The flat natural born good timin band 1980 “Comedy and Outlaw Country Music” Dale Thomas (Lead guitar, vocals) Chuck “Bob” Carnes (Bass, vocals)
– The Dusty Chaps Band 1988-2012 “Comedy and Music” We were the back up band for Larry Ballard, Ronnie Fray, and Chuck “Bob” Carnes just to name a few
Dale Thomas (Guitar, vocals) Tom Davis (Drums, vocals) Ron Williams (Bass, vocals) Mike “Woody” Woodhull (Dobro, vocals) Ron Lawerance (Pedal Steel)
The newest members are:
Ed Francisco (Keyboards, guitar, vocals)
Nelson “Woody” Wood (Pedal Steel, dobro)
– The Yesterpickers 1996 “Varity Band” Sparky Harris (Guitar, vocals) Dale Thomas (Guitar, vocals) Teresa Hayner (Bass, vocals) Kristy Ramsy (Drums, vocals)
The Yesterpickers at The Highlander in Allendale MI This was a Fun Band. Check out the ending!? Click on link below:
(Dusty Chaps Custom Guitars)
Here’s a Link to my site with My guitar page
Comedy song “The Pretender” (YouTube)
Roy Clark and Clarence “Gatemouth” Brown on Austin City limits T.V. show in 1981.
Backed By Dale Thomas on Bass, Tom Davis on Drums,
Cal Freeman on Steel guitar, Ron Fray on Rythrm Guitar and Harp, Garland on keyboards.
One Response to Dale Thomas (AKA Dusty Chaps)